Necrotalk - Home Support Necrotalk!  

Home UserCP Members Register Calendar FAQ
Learn how you can support Necrotalk.com today!

Go Back   Necrotalk.com > The Boneyard > Gear up

Old 05-31-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
Shadowbile

Default Epic 2.5

I used search and alot of the topics were 6-12 months+ old. I did not want to necro an old thread.

Basically I been wanting to try to 4 bot Demi since returning to EQ a few weeks ago. Last time I tried it believe I was lvl 80. Tried it with my Sk, Shm, Mnk, Necro. Had a friend helping on a cleric I believe. We did not get very far (I missed raiding Demi) and did not know many of the events very well. First mob was easy killed the aug mini many times but had ZERO idea of what to do/say on sisters.

Fast forward to today all toons are lvl 90, sitting at work debating if it would be doable without a cleric and just a Shm healer up to Tris. At that point I got a few friends that say they will help. Thinking using Mnk or begging bard friend to do the sister part (one I find out what to say). Is it possible to just swarm the bats/adds on Sk? While necro inbetween doing hails on sisters to burn down adds?

I feel stupid asking this but other events seems I can just DPS and make the bosses fall over until I get to Tris and need another healer or 2 for event.

Any trips for Sisters? Or if you on Drinal let me know!
Shadowbile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
Vanlor
Dots up on EVERY TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbile View Post
I used search and alot of the topics were 6-12 months+ old. I did not want to necro an old thread.

Basically I been wanting to try to 4 bot Demi since returning to EQ a few weeks ago. Last time I tried it believe I was lvl 80. Tried it with my Sk, Shm, Mnk, Necro. Had a friend helping on a cleric I believe. We did not get very far (I missed raiding Demi) and did not know many of the events very well. First mob was easy killed the aug mini many times but had ZERO idea of what to do/say on sisters.

Fast forward to today all toons are lvl 90, sitting at work debating if it would be doable without a cleric and just a Shm healer up to Tris. At that point I got a few friends that say they will help. Thinking using Mnk or begging bard friend to do the sister part (one I find out what to say). Is it possible to just swarm the bats/adds on Sk? While necro in between doing hails on sisters to burn down adds?

I feel stupid asking this but other events seems I can just DPS and make the bosses fall over until I get to Tris and need another healer or 2 for event.

Any trips for Sisters? Or if you on Drinal let me know!
First I'll start by saying that there is actually a ton of recent (last couple months) info on this very topic in the subscriber section.

Next I would say that boxing in demi isn't as easy as boxing in other areas due to scripts. Hatchet will be somewhat of an issue (to follow all the emotes while boxing--just ask Scrat). Sisters would also be hard to bot tattlers so I would suggest at least 3 dedicated players (pref 4, one for each sister and one for the hallway). Tris was actually somewhat annoying as well b/c of her stupid charm. Tris is easiest with 2-3 people capable of curing or 2-3 people capable of taking the charm (so the 1-2 curers/healers can still fully function). ZiT and Redfang are fairly trivial now. Hatchet is pretty easy if you can follow the emotes. Sisters is easy once your tattle team knows wtf to do. If you are planning on taking down MM for the guaranteed page some of the T2 stuff has a fair amount of scripting as well.

Lastly, I would suggest this website: eqfreelance.net. It's an open raid group on CT/Fennin. They still have some pretty good info on each of the events in Demi but it is geared towards a full raid.

I would actually suggest Subscribing to NT for detailed event info from a small group perspective (subscribing is worth it besides just 2.5 info imo) the most, however.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:42 AM   #3
Xnao
Gank Squad Member

Send a message via MSN to Xnao

dont listen to vanwhore. i recently did this for the past week

sk in my guild boxed hatchet. me, the cleric, bard and ranger kept dying. his toons were up the whole time

me and him also boxed two toons sucessfully on performer. he is an amazing player

i three boxed roley, with others helping. but hes gimp. we never got the monk port though. a guildie said if you loot that stake though you wont get it again

devlin is extra gimp. we got lucky though and got dual daggers at the start, and again right after

t2 was easier than t1 imo (which wasnt all that hard). just had trouble finding people for the performer

i sucessfully boxed on every event but hatchet and sisters.

www.archlich.org
Srs, read registration post guise.
Xnao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
Shadowbile

Thanks for the feedback. Got a 3 day weekend so going to try Sisters. Sisters is only tier 1 event that makes me worry.
Shadowbile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Log-in to remove Ads)
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
Logic
DPS Whore

Lol, you hardly need a subscription to the subscribers lounge to find information regarding demi. I just did this about 2 weeks ago with most of my information coming from simple google searches.

Sisters is extremely easy with a tracker. Don't let this event worry you! We just had an SK pull everything out, kill it and then we started the event. With two trackers the event was a cake walk.

Feel free to send me a tell in game and I am more than happy to answer your questions regarding this event. You can shoot me a PM on here with your email address and I can forward you some information.

send tells to povar.logic!
Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
Akran

Did this last week.

Had a Wizard, Rogue, Necro and myself boxing Paladin/Cleric.

Steam rolled everything up to sisters. Had some trouble with sisters due to only 2 people knowing how to do the hails/responses the other person I tried instructing failboated hard :/.

Eventually had 2 Necros, Druid, 2 Clerics, Rogue. With Druid / Rogue / Necro on hails, 2 clerics tanked all the mobs and necro owned them.

Did Devlin/Tris with same combo (swapped druid back for paladin here) and Tris dropped page.

Went back later did Roley with Paladin, Cleric, Bard, Necro

Then I two boxed Perfomer with Paladin, Cleric.

Later that day went back yet again, did Mayong with Ranger, Cleric, Paladin/Bard, Wizard, Beastlord/Berserker and got my alt his 2.5 page $.

Demiplane events that give most people trouble are Sisters and Performer. Anyone should be able to steam roll ZiThuuli, Redfang, and Hatchet if you have 3 or 4 level 90 toons that are competent.

Sisters takes a bit to get used to but if you have a brain the event is very easy just involves lots of moving around / tracking for where they warped to. It is almost impossible to box this event I'd say, need to get 2 competent friends to help ya on this one.

Devlin and Roley are pretty easy (Roley kinda blows if you don't have a class for the warrior, bard, rng, rogue bane clicky since that is about 75% of the ports).

Tris is easy but it helps having mass numbers of people, when we did it, I played the Paladin/Cleric... only 2 healers in the raid and would often get charmed x 2 during the live phase, which is insanely frustrating. So if you can just add as many bodies as is feasible to eat those charms so your priests don't get charmed while trying to heal up to 100% then RGC in a short window. Having just a group can royally suck on this event. Even less blows more.

Performer you either need to be a quick typer / have hotkeys to not fail that one. I've gotten to the point I just don't bother teaching new people how to do them and I just box it on my own its faster that way unless people have done Demiplane before. Generally teaching people through this will take 1-2 wipes until people figure stuff out.... depending on how smart the person is tbh. I've been on raids where I've just told someone they are too stupid and to camp out and log back in in 20 minutes when its won because they are bringing us down :/.

Mayong is a straight endurance fight. Kinda blows for casters because most of them are really resistant. Have a strong tank if you don't have an AoE root class for the bats otherwise those can be a pita. Sadly due to page drop rates, Mayong is the best avenue to getting your 2.5 page. Just setup your hails:

Title: The Dark Savant
Loot: Invocation of Night
Answer Irrissa the Seer: Disgusted
Answer Ariahn Teller: killed her ability to love
Answer Ur-Koraag: forget
Answer Arturos, Trainer of Bats: control or destroy

And that guarantees the Necro 2.5 page to drop 100% on successfully killing Mayong -- If you do all those answers correctly and trigger on the character that does the answers -- Plus you get a suffix 'The Dark Savant' which is pretty awesome imo.
Akran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Log-in to remove Ads)
Advertisement