Necrotalk - Home Support Necrotalk!  

Home UserCP Members Register Calendar FAQ
Learn how you can support Necrotalk.com today!

Go Back   Necrotalk.com > The Boneyard > Necromancer Guild > AA Discussion

Old 02-15-2006, 12:56 AM   #1
Desenta

I am on a raid team that has just put up a new list of requirements. I have all of the AAs with the exception of Silent 5 which I canít find a reason to get so I have decided for now not to. My question is; What AAs do you guys think we should be working on next for RAIDING Necros?

Necros -- 198AAs
General- 3
-Run3

Archetypes-48
- SCM3
- SCS3
- ND3
- CA3

Class - 8
- PD
- CtC

PoP - 0

Gates - 40
- PA
- SJ2 (Run5)
- CA3

Omens - 28
- ICA3
- APD1
- DP

DoD - 71
- Silent5
- AM3
- WD5
Desenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:01 AM   #2
nephayres

i can't be bothered to go through all of them, but all mitigation aas through PoP for sure. makes a huge difference. didn't notice many lifetap aas either... or fury. and fuck agro reducing aas, they aren't that helpful and a big diversion towards the important stuff. I didn't touch them till the 1000 mark. i'm sure others will fill in the other stuff i missed
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2006, 03:51 AM   #3
Jebasiz
Administrator, Community Leader, Former Necromancer Correspondent...Nt complaint Department.

heh...that's a lot of "extra" stuff there.

SCS...if you didn't know it. It's BROKEN for dots. It only takes agro off the initial tick, and nothing else. It's complete ignorance that makes that req'd for "raiding necros" and nothing else.

The avoidance AA's are better then the mitigation, but both are ok..I wouldn't require ALL of them, nor would I get them extremely early on.

Dot crits, extra spell slot, death peace, Swift Journey 2, SCM 3, MGB, perhaps avoidance.

WTD AOTD etc are just toys.

It depends on what type of guild your in, and how much you demand of people who want to recruit. IE if you're Cestus Dei or Raging Fury you could demand 500aa's for every recruit, if you're a guild Just breaking into Uqua..you'll be hard pressed to demand 200 before people tell you to screw yourself, and go join another guild with less requirements.

Rifting sucked, back for more.
Jebasiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:50 AM   #4
Xelgadis
I'm a dick.. if you suck.

In my opinion, it's rather pompous to require a minimum number of AAs before someone can be considered viable for being an applicant to a guild. Depending on the guild's point of progression, simply asking the prospective applicant to have most or all of the raid related AAs for their class etc. is sufficient enough, the number of which will vary from class to class. Excluding someone simply because they don't have Obscure_AA43, or because they don't have -exactly- 500 or more AAs, is pretty stupid and arrogant.

Play time is nice, having every raid related AA for one's class is nice. But, above all, the 2 most important things in my opinion are skill and personality of the player, the rest is just window dressing.

[16:37:42] [1] [80:Yelena]: Welcome to Kilrogg, now stop playing like shit.
Xelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Log-in to remove Ads)
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2006, 11:53 AM   #5
Necro_Bone

Quote:
Originally posted by Jebasiz@Feb 15 2006, 04:51 AM
I always thought that pet swarming named mobs added significant dps boosts (assuming you don't have push issues) and added warm bodies for the mobs to burn through if your tanks start dropping -- especially when you're just trying to hold on for that last 20% of the mobs life.
Necro_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #6
tunare.Isoeses

Quote:
Originally posted by Necro_Bone+Feb 15 2006, 12:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Necro_Bone @ Feb 15 2006, 12:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jebasiz@Feb 15 2006, 04:51 AM
I always thought that pet swarming named mobs added significant dps boosts (assuming you don't have push issues) and added warm bodies for the mobs to burn through if your tanks start dropping -- especially when you're just trying to hold on for that last 20% of the mobs life. [/b][/quote]
Yes, it is a nice DPS boost, when soloing. Often on raids, if one necro pops AotD and the archers...you will have people starting to lag out. Just imagine if you had 3 necros tehre that did it.

I was actually responsible for a guild wipe in ikky 4 when I popped AotD and all the clerics locked up. When they got back, all the tanks were dead and I was leashing the mobs out of the room.

WTD, AotD, and SoD are all just extras for when you are in an xp group.

Now for the AAs listed. No GoM, no lifeburn, no crit heals, no crit DDs? There are a lot more valuable things there. Also, max stat AAs, max FT cap, max buff slots. Depending on number of necros and target, no MGB? Most raiding guilds that I have seen want MGB...makes things faster. There are a lot of things missing from the list. After work, I will post the ones I think need to be added.
tunare.Isoeses is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #7
Xislaben
Super Moderator

I do not have SCS.

I am typically one of the last 5 or so left alive in a raid wipe while maxing DPS.

We do not need it, even if it did work for dots.
Xislaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #8
Necro_Bone

Quote:
Originally posted by tunare.Isoeses@Feb 15 2006, 07:13 PM
Often on raids, if one necro pops AotD and the archers...you will have people starting to lag out. Just imagine if you had 3 necros tehre that did it.
Wow, I've never experienced lag like that due to pets in what is usually a zone with 54-72 people in it....and I often see lots of necros, shammies and mages popping their pets (AotD, epic, etc.) as a mob chews through them (20+pets up at once sometimes).

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure our pets have eaten a significant portion of rampage on certain mobs....particularly ones in which tanks other than the MA were asked to stay at max melee range.

Then again, I don't usually chain cast pets on mobs where that's part of the strategy (I just send one pet plus epic and AotD, then do dps)....our mages have though.
Necro_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #9
Xislaben
Super Moderator

AA's to have to raid:

General:
Run-3
Regen-3

Archetype:
SCM-3 (12aa) [save mana]
SCF-3 (12aa) [dd crit]
ND-3 (12aa) [hp]
CS-3 (12aa) [mitigation]

CA-3 (12aa) [avoidance]
MC-3 (12aa) [more ft]

Class:
PD-1 (6aa) pet hold
Nothing else really needed here. Lifeburn/mend companion maybe.

Pop:
PP-5 (10aa) [max stats]
IE-5 (15aa) [max stats]

Pop-class:
LR-5 (15aa) [avoidance]
ID-5 (15aa) [mitigation]
ToL-3 (6aa) [heal crit]
FoM-3 (18aa) [dd crit]

Gates:
SJ-2 (10aa) [run5]
CA-3 (18aa) [dot crit]
FoMM-3 (18aa) [dd crit]
AToL-3 (10aa) [heal crit]

PA-1 (12aa) [hey, keeps the pets alive sometimes!]

Omens:
CP-5 (25aa) [max your stats]
DD-5 (25aa) [if you're hitting resist caps]
MA-5 (25aa) [you will run out of buff slots, that sucks)
RM-5 (25aa) [more avoidance]
DI-5 (25aa) [more mitigation, but skip till you finish DoD avoidance]
MR-1 (3aa) [extra spell slot]
EM-5 (25a) [more ft when overcap]
ICA-3 (18aa) [more dot crits]
DF-3 (18aa) [dd crits]
DP-1 (6aa) [fd aa]
ST-3 (15aa) [crit heals]

Depths:
GoM-3 (18aa) [free cast, yay]
AM-3 (21aa?) [more dot crits]

Pre-5 (25aa) [avoidance]
TS-5 (25aa) [mitigation]

Once you have all those, I'd start in on the innate resists.
I left out pet aa's, which I have too, because while they are fun and situationally useful, they are not as important as these.

Items in red are must-have.
Xislaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:36 AM   #10
Phearinu

You really think MGB is a must have jeb? I have like 400 aas right now and still dont have it, i have group dmf, does the trick. IMO
Advertisement