Necrotalk - Home Support Necrotalk!  

Home UserCP Members Register Calendar FAQ
Learn how you can support Necrotalk.com today!

Go Back   Necrotalk.com > The Boneyard > Hunting Grounds > It Ain't Easy Being Green

Old 11-27-2005, 07:39 AM   #1
Sint

This is a simple list, not BIG descriptions as to where you should go...
All my suggestions are solo based..

Level 1-10:
Stay in the tutorial zone for easy xp, quest, and n00b beginner items (Also nice Charm item /grin)

Level 11-14:
Pick any easy "n00b" zone as you see fit, me personally like Blackburrow, the gnolls there are phat xp, and easy kills.. watch out for trains tho, (although we dont have too many of those anymore)

Level 15-24:
Paludal Caverns, im not gonna say anything more about this... dont you dare go someplace else to xp in these lvls.. /rude

Levels 25-34:
I found Highpass Keep & Echo Caverns (Easy side), to be the best choices here.. of course you can choose to follow the instructions Sony give you (as they give you an massive xp bonus in those particular zones).

Levels 35-48:
Yea i know its a big range.. but its just that simple.. the two best places you may pick between here are: Echo Caverns (Hard Side), and Scarlet Desert.
In Scarlet Desert the mobs may con red for a little while, but that dont matter, they suck.. easy kills!
Fear Kiting / Aggro kiting, dont matter.. either one works just as good.. although when in Scarlet Desert, the aggro kiting method is best (from my own experience), as you dont want to get too many adds..

Levels 49-52:
Simple choice.. Highhold Keep, this time i dont mean the goblins, as they will be green as hell by now.. so they suck.
The nobles/bards/Isabella are who you want, although the bards are on a 30min spawn, they still suck.. as does the nobles.
You have 3 nobles, (2 on second floor, and 1 on third floor), although the 1 on the third floor sometimes has a stupid gnome who's stolen his spawn (ph).

The bards are on the second floor, they are named Starr Dreamspinner, and Storm Dragonchaser.
They have slightly more hp than the nobles, but they are still easy kills.

Oh while you are there, you will here a annoying female named Isabella Cellus, she doesnt assist either bards or nobles, or guards for that matter.. (Make sure you kill the guards on the 2nd floor, as they can be pretty annoying during med time.. not to mention they are good loot as well)..

I told ya... this is a simple as hell 1-52 guide, i didnt put much work into it, if you have questions, post em below..

GL HF
Sint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:47 AM   #2
Silben Weeman

Don't you need to constantly cast Enduring breath or something to stay alive on scarlet desert?

Other than that....great guide

You have become better at Dieing! (300)
You have become better at attempting to Feign Death(Even though it did NOT work!) (1)
You Have become better at going OOM/LOM! (300)
Silben Weeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Log-in to remove Ads)
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2006, 06:19 AM   #3
Whispers Quietly

Your Guide Is I suppose probably the real deal; What do i Know? Grabbing that XP is cool, LvL quick; Thats the Answer.
Until you cannot afford your updated gear, Or know your chacter. I realize these things are not Important. What is a Character after all?.
In your Guide you forgot ALL the major PP zones, Someones got to pay for all your gear. Oh well. Have fun...

If you Whispers Quietly, You can hear Death....
Whispers Quietly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
Nigyl

I don't know about your server, but on BB there's not a lot below level 70 these days, and little below level 65. My Ranger alt is 42 now and they've grouped twice in that time: even in the 'hot zones' it's mostly level 70s pulling big trains of mobs to power-level alts in their guild.

Really they might as well give people the option of starting characters at level 65 these days if they want to skip over the tedious solo XP grinding up to that point.
Nigyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2006, 11:02 AM   #5
Necro_Bone

Quote:
Originally posted by Silben Weeman@Jun 27 2006, 05:47 AM
Don't you need to constantly cast Enduring breath or something to stay alive on scarlet desert?
No, that's the Grey.
Necro_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:33 PM   #6
Schaeffer
Ancient

Quote:
Originally posted by Necro_Bone+Jun 27 2006, 07:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Necro_Bone @ Jun 27 2006, 07:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Silben Weeman@Jun 27 2006, 05:47 AM
No, that's the Grey. [/b][/quote]
And I'll just add to this that there are many attainable Enduring Breath items. I worked some faction and killed some snakes to get the Amulet of the Grey Wastes fir my ranger. You don't need it on the necro because of Dead Man Floating at level 41

If electricity come from electrons, does morality come from morons?
Schaeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2006, 05:22 AM   #7
Silben Weeman

Quote:
Originally posted by Schaeffer+Jun 27 2006, 05:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Schaeffer @ Jun 27 2006, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Necro_Bone@Jun 27 2006, 07:02 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Silben Weeman
Quote:
@Jun 27 2006, 05:47 AM

No, that's the Grey.
And I'll just add to this that there are many attainable Enduring Breath items. I worked some faction and killed some snakes to get the Amulet of the Grey Wastes fir my ranger. You don't need it on the necro because of Dead Man Floating at level 41 [/b][/quote]
Okie Dokie - Thanx Schae and the kind person that made this guide - but do you think that i will still get decent xp at 40 in Scarlet Desert and should i just buy all the spells that i can find till 50 so that i dont have to constantly run back and forth from my camp to PoK or Abysmal sea?

I dont know if i should because i might not be able to get that many since now at this level i am having to start killing mobs for my spells

And could i take on the guards in HHK at 40 or no? <_< :unsure: :huh:

Also - is this an nice open space that i could maybe aggro/fear kite there?

You have become better at Dieing! (300)
You have become better at attempting to Feign Death(Even though it did NOT work!) (1)
You Have become better at going OOM/LOM! (300)
Silben Weeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #8
Mordred

Quote:
Originally posted by Whispers Quietly@Jun 27 2006, 01:19 AM
Your Guide Is I suppose probably the real deal; What do i Know? Grabbing that XP is cool, LvL quick; Thats the Answer.
Until you cannot afford your updated gear, Or know your chacter. I realize these things are not Important. What is a Character after all?.
In your Guide you forgot ALL the major PP zones, Someones got to pay for all your gear. Oh well. Have fun...
You act as if this game is hard to play or that moist lcasses have a steep learning curve. Also leveling 1-52 he'll learn his charactyer he's playing theg ame you can't not learn his character.

As to equipment it's strange but I remember being level 50 with 750hp unbuffed. 52 levels quickly is hardly a big deal without worrying about equipment. In fact I'd venture so far as to say that he'll be fine up until about 65 without worring about equipment. At that point he's capable of camping truly high pp zones and getting decent 115ish bazaar gear. Fill out some slots level to 70 and then do dodh loot and you'll get big jumps.

Necros are far from gear dependent to be useful.
Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2006, 05:41 PM   #9
Schaeffer
Ancient

Silben, at your levels, it's good to have your spells 2 or 3 levels above what you have. Some spells you may want to get several levels in advance because you will have trouble finding them in the Bazaar.

Can't tell you much about the Scarlet Desert or HHK, never really spent much time in either, why not just go exploring? That's half the fun!

If electricity come from electrons, does morality come from morons?
Schaeffer is offline   Reply With Quote