Necrotalk - Home Support Necrotalk!  

Home UserCP Members Register Calendar FAQ
Learn how you can support Necrotalk.com today!

Go Back   Necrotalk.com > The Boneyard > Hunting Grounds > Life on the Farm

Old 10-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
Mislander

anyone know a good spot to kite for Specs? I been doing HoH - jus started to get the hang of it - but if anyon has a good idea or other spots - please post them.
Mislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
Aryse Andenter
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Aryse Andenter

My best drop rate on parchments was always in HoH, so you're on the right track.

If you can take on named mobs in places like PoV, PoD, named giants in PoS, etc, you'll be able to pick up some that way, but that's not your usual xp stuff.
Sponsored Links (Log-in to remove Ads)
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2005, 04:57 PM   #3
Robzomby

Ive been in need of Specs too, but the last spell from 63-64 that im missing is the pet :angry: So I havn't really wanted to go farming or xping without him. And ive noticed that 63-64 spells are almost never for sale anymore. I wish they'd change the PoP hand ins so that they are like OoW and you get a spell you need every time.
Robzomby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:47 PM   #4
Mislander

Thanks - i had some folks tell me that HoH wast he best for soloing - but i figure that it never hurts to ask other people - i do appracitate the input.
Mislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2005, 10:13 PM   #5
Mystiqat

I love working HoH basements also. If you get an Ethereal Parchment you can sometimes get lucky on a turn in for spells. Two of the new fear spells are 61 and 62, therefore EP turn in spells, but they are also DoN vendor spells. I've turned in an EP, gotten a fear spell, taken it to the DoN vendor and gotten like 84 crystals for selling it to him. I'm not sure of the crystal market, but if they were going for like 100pp each, you just made 8400pp on a 61/62 spell...not bad.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:33 PM   #6
Dwimmerlaike Foulcarrion

Where at in HoH can the parchments be farmed at? I have seen 1 parchment there that dropped from a guardian of marr in my time in the graveyard ever- solo or in groups.
Dwimmerlaike Foulcarrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2005, 10:09 PM   #7
Rijak
Ancient

you gotta go deeper in... the basements are you best bet... you can invis / fd flop to them... set up on dark squares in middle and kite like crazy

if you group from time to time i've found plane of torment to be good on parchment drops, as well as BoT (towers esp)
Old 11-06-2005, 12:26 AM   #8
Alotha

For grouping, BoT seems to be the best (in my somewhat limited experience). I've seen quite a few ethereals and spectrals drop at lower sand, which is where I'm usually at in that zone.

I've only recently discovered HoH basements, though. I tried it one night when murkgliders were camped. It takes a little bit to get the hang of it, but once you do it's silly easy. I've been there twice for a few hours each time and had one parchment drop. The good - it was a spectral. The bad - it dropped off of a Valorian Sentry. Those are unsnarable, so it takes a bit longer to get the kite process down. I figured it out on my third kite, but made a mistake and let my pet get aggro. The fourth time I tried it I got him down with no problems. Definitely tenser than kiting a nice snared mob, though.
Erollisi Marr
Alotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2005, 04:29 AM   #9
flishtaco

I had quite a few just off doing the gargs in PoN, got all my spells easy and sold prolly 30-40 more at bargain basment price of like 10pp when I couldnt move em at 100pp or 50pp each for over a week at each price to get rid of em.

The etherel(sp) were a bigger pain.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:43 PM   #10
biggrol

For ethereal drops. POD centipides at the fort was the best drop rate I found. In the average 3-4 hour camp. I got at least 2 drops and 4 drops wasn't uncommon. Depending on level though you may not get exp.

HoH basements is stupid easy to camp. In the average 3-4 night i get at least on spec drop. Have had a couple 2 drop nights ( about once per week). Had ethereal drops. Exp and AA exp at 65 and below is very good. At 65 you get 1/2% regular exp per kill and 5-6% AA exp per kill. HoH is pretty open these days and dupilicate spec spells sell pretty decently in the bazaar these days. May not be as high as the old days, But pet, darkness and SoS all sell very easily at the 8-12k range. At least on Zek they do.
biggrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement